The Development Process
Over the last few years we’ve gone through several prototypes. We knew we wanted colored flags, flashing lights, and beeps to indicate when a fish was on and whose tip-up had the strike. The first model incorporated watch batteries, but we felt it would be better to use a more common battery such as AA. The design of the unit itself and the design of the printed circuit board (PCB) have gone through many revisions.
Pricing & Availability:
- Product Price: (coming soon)
- Estimated Availability: Ice fishing season 2015/2016
- Tip-ups will be available in fluorescent green and hot pink
- Interchangeable light pipes will be offered in 4 DayGlow colors – red, blue, green, and yellow
- Power Input: 3 AA batteries
- Approximate running time with flashing lights only = 300 hours
- Approximate running time with horn only = 300 hours
- Approximate running time with both flashing lights and horn = 100 hours
Three Control Buttons:
- Power on-off
- Flashing lights on-off
- Horn on-off
Weight and Dimensions:
- Length: 22 in / 55.5 cm
- Width: 4.5 in / 11.5 cm
- Height: When shipped: 2 in / 5 cm
- Height: When ready to fish: 6 in / 15 cm
- Weight: Without batteries and fishing reel 1 lb / .45 kg
- Shipping weight in box: ???
- Tip-up unit: Polycarbonate
- Light pipe: Polycarbonate or light transmitting resin
- Eyelet: Stainless steel ceramic rings
- Fuji Hood and Nut: Polycarbonate and stainless steel
- Plastite screws: Torx head stainless steel
- On-off buttons: UV resistant silicone
- PCB: Coated printed circuit board
What’s In the Box:
- One FishOly Tip-Up
- One light pipe – you choose the color
Does not include batteries or a reel.
Our goal is to enhance the ice fishing experience through innovation.
Funding and production. Help Fund Us On KickStarter By Clicking Here.
Over the last few years we have been learning more about the complexities of bringing a high-quality product to the market; from obtaining patents, to supply of ready-made parts, to getting injection molds built, to manufacturing, to fulfillment. We are planning to raise the necessary funding through a Kickstarter campaign to build the injection molds. We are using a local injection molding company called Legacy Molding located in Riverton Wyoming. They are ready to begin production once we have our molds.
After the conclusion of a successful campaign, it will take 10 weeks to get the injection molds built and tested for fit and function as well as color correctness used in the product material. We hope to be ready to deliver to our supporters in November 2014, just in time for the ice fishing season.